9.8.12

Life and sunsets are forever short.

Sorry for the lack of posting lately, a lot has gone on in my life lately, and it has taken me a long time to sit down and say something about it here.

On July 25th, 2012, I lost my beloved dog, Star. We've been together for the past 11 years, and she was pretty much a stand-in sister for me since I never had siblings. She passed away quickly and without suffering, but it doesn't lessen the hurt.

I happened to be in Maryland when I heard she was sick, so I took the first flight I could back home, only to hear from my mother that she had died a couple of hours before my flight left. The next day, I saw her body, and I sobbed pretty much constantly for a whole week. The pain is still there, but the tears have stopped.

This it he worst case of unrequited love I have ever experienced.

I have really turned inwards since her loss.

The day of her death, I took some quick photographs of the sun setting on her last day. Life is short, just like the amount of time it takes for the sun to fall behind the horizon.
I miss Star every day, and I know she is now shining brightly in the sky above me if she has not been given new life in a new form. She was pure-hearted and returned all the love I gave her, with interest. She never judged me or did anything to wrong me, she just gave me all her support.



Exactly a month before her death, I wore a thrown-together vintage coordinate and took photos right as the sun set. Please hype it on LookBook if you like what you see.

I just love the halo effect that a sunset gives.
I'm so far behind on posting my coordinates, this was back when I was still in California! I have so many things to review and photoshoots to do, so the blog will become busy soon.

4 comments:

  1. Aww. I'm so sorry for your loss :'( *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zeruda. ;A; I am definitely moving past it, but sometimes I remember her and my heart really aches.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!